Heartland Eye Consultants is a regional, specialty eye and vision care center founded in 2006 by Drs. Robert and Vicky Vandervort, who have been in practice in Omaha for over 20 years. Heartland Eye Consultants works closely with your family Doctor of Optometry providing specialized eye care in a compassionate and caring manner within a state-of-the-art facility. Heartland Eye Consultants has brought together a team of uniquely trained optometrists, each concentrating on their specific area of expertise to bring our patients the care they deserve and the explanations and solutions they desire.
Heartland Eye Consultants provides services in these major areas:
- The diagnosis and treatment of ocular disease including glaucoma, macular degeneration, cataracts, diabetic retinopathy, corneal and dry eye disorders, and neurological problems affecting the eyes
- Low vision rehabilitation to help patients with macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, optic atrophy, and other ocular diseases regain functional vision and more independence
- Second opinions on difficult or non-responsive eye problems
- Diagnosis of learning related vision problems for children and teens that are experiencing academic failure despite normal intelligence and educational intervention.
- The diagnosis of adult and pediatric binocular vision problems including convergence insufficiency, accommodative infacility, esotropia ("crossed eyes"), exotropia, amblyopia ("lazy eye") and other neurodevelopmental vision disorders
- Infant vision examinations
- Special needs vision examinations for non-verbal patients, cerebral palsy, Down Syndrome, etc)
- Developmental vision therapy through our sister practice, Developmental Vision Associates, P.C.